Amid the raging controversy about Sourav Ganguly's exclusion from the Indian cricket team for the third Test against Sri Lanka, the Lok Sabha will discuss the issue next week.
Responding to a submission by Mohan Singh that the issue should be added in the agenda for next week in the House, Speaker Somnath Chatterjee said: "I have allowed this to be added in the agenda. The issue will come up for discussion."
He said great "injustice" had been meted out to the deposed India captain, "who is a great world-class player, due to politics in the game".
"Such incidents will affect the morale of young players and we must take corrective measures," he added.
- 'Pawar may set a bad example'
- 'Decision over Sourav irreversible'
- Axing Ganguly grossly unfair: Left
- Team is not experimenting: Coach
- Ex-cricketers slam selectors
- 'Now Sachin has to be careful'